I'm going to start to compile other people's interesting travel blogs here. Let's start with the website/magazine Pilot Getaways and a few blogs from General Aviation News:
- A new pilot's first flying vacation, about a trip from Greenville, SC to Nashville, TN, Indianapolis, IN, and Dillard, GA.
- 72 hours in Phoenix, with a side trip to Sedona, AZ.
- An Alaska Logbook: Excursions to Chena Hot Springs and Talkeetna, close to Fairbanks and Denali.
And now from other sources:
- Flying high by Alan Malone, about flying in the mountains and high elevation areas
- The Boulder Milk Run by Alan Malone, about a trip from New Orleans, LA to Boulder, CO and back
AOPA also has a "Destinations" section in their web page: https://www.aopa.org/destinations/
Feel free to send me other suggestions via the "About and Contact" page and I'll be happy to add them!
BLOGS ON THIS PAGE
- Aviation Survival and Egress Training: Training I Hope I Never Need to Use but Glad I Experienced
- NASA's Physiological Training
- Other Interesting Blogs
- Relationship between Holidays and Flying
- Helicopter Add-On: Transition Training From Fixed-Wing to Rotary-Wing
- Flying to National Parks
- Aviation Vocabulary and Phrases in Spanish
- Friendly Airports and Helipads in the Central Southwest Region
- What to Do with Your Pilot Certificate