Written by the author, Yasmina Platt.
Reprint from July 1, 2015, from AOPA's Views From the Region (VFR) blog: https://blog.aopa.org/vfr/?p=2177
Whether you are young and are looking for a career, whether you are retired and are looking for activities to do on your spare time, or whether you are somewhere in the middle looking for transportation for either business, leisure, or both… flying is for you!
Here are some of the things you can do with a pilot certificate! =)
At the end of the day, remember that:
Legend: Each idea will have a letter by it identifying the minimum type of pilot certificate you need to do that particular activity.
For information about the differences between them, visit:http://www.aopa.org/letsgoflying/ready/certs/categories.html.
Note that a lot of these things can be done with airplanes, balloons, gliders, helicopters, seaplanes, etc so I did not go into those specifics. A lot of those activities may also require special endorsements, ratings or sign-offs but I did not go into those specifics either. I would like to encourage you to review “14 CFR Part 61.113 – Private pilot privileges and limitations: Pilot in command” to ensure that you are able to do some of these things with a private pilot certificate.
Disclaimer: A lot of these activities are addicting and can cause harm to your wallet
BLOGS ON THIS PAGE
- Aviation Survival and Egress Training: Training I Hope I Never Need to Use but Glad I Experienced
- NASA's Physiological Training
- Other Interesting Blogs
- Relationship between Holidays and Flying
- Helicopter Add-On: Transition Training From Fixed-Wing to Rotary-Wing
- Flying to National Parks
- Aviation Vocabulary and Phrases in Spanish
- Friendly Airports and Helipads in the Central Southwest Region
- What to Do with Your Pilot Certificate